A logo is a graphical element in the form of a symbol, ideogram, icon, sign, crest, an emblem that collectively form a memorable design that is used to represent a business or enterprise. Generally, a logo design is meant for instant recognition. Logo is the face of any brand and serves as the most powerful asset of the company. Logo is also used to recognize the organization and other non-commercial entities.
A logo is a part of a business identity. The key purpose of a logo is to deliver exclusivity of the organization in the market. An elegant logo expresses the vision, values, directions, ethics, and culture of the corporate. Creating an elegant logo as a business identity involves a lot of innovation, hard work, and thinking. The logo is the graphical conceptualization of a company’s thoughts. So, it’s compulsory to be exact and specific while designing &developing a logo.
Types of Logo Designs
- Lettermark or Monogram logos: - Examples are NASA, ISRO, HBO, IBM etc., Choose Lettermark logo when your business happens to have a long name.
- Pictorial Mark or Logo Symbols: - Examples are apple, twitter, Pinterest image etc. Ideal to convey a desired idea or emotion. Advisable not to use if the business model will change in
- Abstract Logo: - Examples are Pepsi, Adidas, British Petroleum etc. It allows you to create a totally unique image for your business, but are best fit for design professionals who recognize how color, shape and structure combine to create meaning
- Wordmarks or logotypes: - Examples are Google, Yahoo, Facebook etc. Ideal for startups having a short and catchy name to blow customer’s mind.
- The Emblem: - Examples are Harley-Davidson, Starbucks Coffee etc. Best suit for food & beverages industry, education institutes etc.
- Combination mark: - Examples are Burger King, Lacoste etc. Good for any type of business.
- Mascots: - Examples are KFC, Miami, Pillsbury, McDonalds etc. If you want to target young children’s or families, mascots logo is the best suit to go with.
Logo design & development must contain following key concepts:
- Be unique and simple
- Unique to the minds of the customers
- Must leave a lasting impact of the company
- Clearly defines your brand vision
- Color combination is the heart of a logoDeep meaning
- Clear and flexible
- The images, shapes, typefaces, and colors display the image of your organization
- Benefits of Professionally Designed Logo: -
- It gives a great first impression
- It makes easier to build your brand identity
- Designed with a concept and strategy
- Convertible across All Media
- Prompt Emotional Reactions
- Clarity of Message
- It has a concept behind it
- Easy to Recall in customer’s mind
- Project a professional image
If the above benefits satisfy your requirements, then designing a Logo is mandatory for your business to start with.